Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Funtown Splashtown

Alan and I enjoyed a weekend all to ourselves this past July! Thanks Kay and Les for hanging out with the kids so we could "go away" for our anniversary! We enjoyed a fun filled day at Funtown Splashtown...a water park and theme park. We spent the first three hours zipping down incredible waterslides and then went on over to the theme park where we screamed on HUGE roller coasters (including the Excaliber - a wooden roller coaster) and laughed playing bumper cars. We avoided all the "dizzy" rides that we may have been brave enough for ten years ago. It was a refreshing weekend!!!
Here we are on the Funtown Race Track. We were so excited about these go-karts; they were really hyped up. Well, they went no more than 5 miles an hour and were not all they were cracked up to be. We had fun anyway. Although, I kept getting passed...and being that I am so competitive, I felt inclined to yell at people as they passed me "It's not that I am a slow poke, really, I have the pedal all the way to the floor...this thing just doesn't go any faster."

No comments: