Monday, June 27, 2011

Savoring Summer - A Backyard Firepit

I am joining Renee (a dear friend, great blogger, and wonderful inspiration) over at FIMBY and posting a bit about how I am savoring the summer!

A couple of years ago, Alan built this small but perfect fire pit for the purpose of enjoying more of what summer has to offer. Sitting around late night fires in the backyard, dreaming with my husband with the sounds of my children running barefoot through the grass echos through my mind right now. Then their squeals of excitement as the first firefly shines its light. And, of course, the anticipation while helping mommy and daddy catch one just to watch it blink and glow in the darkness. This piece of summer is pure delight!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

We LOVE using our backyard fire pit as well! Although, ours was purchased at a store. :) I agree that a backyard fire is the perfect way to savor summer.

Anonymous said...

There's something magical about summertime fires ... sounds delightful! And fireflies of course ... nothing better.

renee @ FIMBY said...

I love sitting around the fire. One thing I don't like about lots of the places we go backpacking in the backcountry is no fires - what a bummer. So I really do enjoy the backyard campfire experience.

Shawn @ Daffodil Lane said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Charity. (I was thinking I should always just stick to vegetables - easy to photograph!)
This firepit-savoring made me laugh. We also love sitting around our backyard fire pit in the summer... until a very cranky neighbor spoiled it for us. As we were roasting marshmallows, we heard sirens - getting closer and closer. Soon enough, there were tons of firemen dragging hoses into our backyard! Mr. Cranky Neighbor had called the fire dept.! The firemen were so nice, told us our fire was perfectly up to code, and to carry on and have a good night. Still, kind of puts a damper on the savoring. :)