Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursdays ~ Legos and a Hat

I could use this time sharing about how I am thankful for my kids, my husband, various aspects of nature, Christ's hand in my life, etc. It would all be real, authentic, and beautiful, but this week I am searching for more. I am searching deeper, to develop a heart of thanks beyond the obvious. Beyond what is staring me right in the face to those spaces in my life that may not look so beautiful on the surface. When I dig deeper, I find a treasure hidden. I have done it this week and found some gems. It is so easy to be thankful in the beautiful moments but maybe not as easy to have a heart of gratitude in the midst of a struggle or even mere inconvenience.
 I am thankful for piles of Legos scattered about the floor;  I step on the Lego castle in the middle of the night; I scream silently in agony, and I give thanks because these bits of plastic are evidence of  hours of imagination and delight.





And because it is so much fun, I am also thankful for a new vintage turquoise hat purchased today at La Donna Zabella Boutique, a super cute consignment store in downtown South Paris (Maine) for only $5.00. I have been looking for the perfect summer hat, and this is it. Thanks to the assistance of my wonderful photographers (Kaylynn and Kalli) I have photos too!

This one taken by my darling 5 year old.

 This one by my 9 year old, and yes that is a bug on the top of the hat.

And I captured this one later as the little ones enjoyed the new hat. 

If you feel inspired and want to join in on Thankful Thursdays, please leave a link to your blog post so everyone can read about what you are thankful for. If you do not blog, please leave a comment and tell me what you are thankful for right now, this very moment.
 

 It is easier to live through the ugly when we look for the beauty.



1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

I am Thankful for my BEAUTIFUL WIFE! and our 4 great kids!