Monday, July 9, 2012

Photo Perspective: An interview with a photo artist

Today I am very excited to introduce you to an inspiring, independent photo artist. I initially met Lynda Hurd through my dear husband. He knows her through work, and when we were introduced to her photography, we instantly fell in love. First, we love supporting independents who are following their passions and dreams. Second, we loved how her photos were different from the norm. So we asked her to photograph our ten year wedding anniversary. Most recently, Lynda requested to take photos of my girls having a tea party, and I was so delighted with the photos that I wanted to share with all of you! Enjoy the photos and the interview




1. How did you get started in photography?
I have always had an interest in it, and always wondered how certain shots were taken.
My aunt was taking photo's one day, and I thought they came out amazing.
I asked her about her equipment, She told me what she was using and showed me some pointers.
So The next day I went out purchased my own camera, I have been hooked ever since.

2. How long have you been making art out of photos?
I have been perfecting my style for over three years now.

3. What do you enjoy most about photography?
Everything! There are so many things I can do with a standard picture, it becomes my "canvas" I can make it into a painting, or Fantasy picture's. There are so many things to do, it would be hard to pick just one.

4. What is your favorite photo session memory?
I was at a friends wedding. I was watching this little girl with her daddy. The love on her face for him moved me.She wasn't smiling just holding his hand looking up at him. After that day I wanted to do more picture's of people not smiling. Just raw emotions.




5. How are you different from other photographers?
I have never considered myself a photographer. Where most photographers take pictures, and that is their end product, this is where I begin. The photos I take, become my "stock" or "canvas", they are not the product I release with my name on them.I look at each photo and then different ideas start coming to my mind on what I could do with each shot.This is where I think I am different, each shot becomes something different.

6. Do you have a favorite photo or favorite type of photo?
I'll be honest, I love all my photo's, and I am sort of fussy on what I release to the public.
There have been so many shots that have stood out, and ones that people have praised, but my personal favorites would be of children or underwater shots.



7. What is the most difficult part of what you do?
Getting people to understand that I prefer not to pose them.
I explain what shot I am trying to get, and try to get them to sort of "act the part", just not pose and shoot.

8. Is there anything else that you would like to share about what you do?
You do not get a standard photo from me. It will be some medium of art done to it. Yes, I also photoshop.

**Friend me on Facebook, if you would like to see my work: Lynda Hurd Goodman on Facebook**




Thank you so much Lynda for taking the time to answer my questions. Thank you also for taking such fantastic photos of our family!

1 comment:

Jennifer Smith said...

Beautiful post! Beautiful photos! thanks for sharing!